This is the most difficult wallpaper I have done. I could only save scraps from the walls, and I could not see a pattern, it all looked very random. First of all I scanned in the pieces I saved.
Studying the pieces I had, I tried to make a pattern out of them, using Photoshop I trimmed the pieces and gave each one its own layer. I numbered each piece so it was easier to keep track of each section I was moving. Once I had formed a pattern, I joined two pieces of the puzzle.together, to give a bigger area to work on.
After working out the pattern I then traced it up in layers. The shaded square shows the pattern which is repeated, and can be joined together to make a complete sheet of wallpaper.
I selected a suitable back ground and built each part of the pattern up in separate layers.
I have also been able to produce one of the other papers with a similar pattern but different colours. Although I have managed to work out the patern of this wallpaper, I am not completely happy with it as it is too bright, with no ageing to it. This is something I will have to work at.
Below I have added pictures of the two rooms in my Triang No.42 house that these wallpapers came from.