The porch has been removed, it will be so much easier to decorate not being attached to the main body of the house. I will be able to do something nice to the inside.
I took the roof off of the porch, so I could remove the red paint.
This was not a good idea, probably the worst idea I have ever had. When the paint stripper was put on, it made a very red sticky mess. It was useless to try and scrape the paint so I had to wipe it off with a damp cloth and then scrape off the goo, and then under the red paint was black paint. I decided just to sand it and be done with it…..
The chimney has also been stripped down, it has come up really well. Probably the easiest piece to do, as it is a solid lump of wood.